Duke Field Relocation Information
Image from af.mil
Base Location and Information
Welcome to Duke Field!
Duke Field at Eglin AFB, also known as Eglin AFB Auxiliary Field #3, is a military airport located three miles south of the central business district of Crestview, in Okaloosa County, Florida. The city of Niceville is to the south of the base by about 11 miles, and sister unit Hurlburt Field is to the southwest at around 25 miles distance. Nearby cities include Baker, Holt, and Florala, FL.
Duke Field is primarily an Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) installation and is hosted by the 919th Special Operations Wing (SOW). As an AFRC unit, the 919 SOW is operationally gained by the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), headquartered at nearby Hurlburt Field.
Nearby military installations:
A C-146 Wolfhound passes a C-145 Skytruck while flying over the Duke Field runway Oct. 21. The Air Force Special Operations Wing aircraft are used specifically in the training and operation of the 919th Special Operations Wing’s mission. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Sam King)
Frequently Asked Questions About Duke Field
1) Who is Duke Field named for?
Duke Field is named after 1st Lt Robert L Duke who died in a training crash at Eglin AFB in 1943.
2) How many reservists are employed by the 919th Special Operations Wing?
The 919th SOW employs about 1300 reservists.
3) What aircraft is flown out of Duke Field?
The C-145 Skytruck and the C-146 Wolfhound are flown and maintained by the 919th SOW at Duke Field.
4) What is the zip code for Duke Field, Florida?
The zip code for Duke Field Florida is 32542. Other nearby zip codes include 32541, 32578, 32547, and 32536.
5) What is the BAH for Duke Field?
The BAH for Duke Field ranges from $2,340 for E-1 to $2,940 for E-9 with dependents, and $2,346 for O-1 to $3,096 for O-7 with dependents. See housing section for more info.
Duke Field lodging contact information:
Air Force Inns
118 N. Drone St. Bldg. 3054
Eglin AFB, Field 3, Florida, 32542
Duke Field Housing
Photo by Corvias Residents at Eglin Air Force Base
Military housing for Duke Field is provided at nearby Eglin AFB. Privatized military housing at Eglin AFB is managed by Corvias Military Living at (850) 613-5050. Be sure to check in with the Eglin AFB Housing Office: (850) 882-4533, Ext #3.
Housing company and contact info:
Corvias Military Living
2950 Azalea Drive
Eglin AFB, FL 32542
back to top
Duke Field Off-Base Housing
View homes for sale and houses for rent near Duke Field: Duke Field Homes
Photo by Julien Maculan on Unsplash
Popular areas to live near Duke Field include Niceville, Fort Walton Beach, and Crestview. Crestview has a lower cost of living compared to communities closer to the beach. According to Best Places, Destin, Florida is 28.1% more expensive than Crestview, Florida.
Duke Field BAH Information
The Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) is a U.S. based allowance determined by geographic duty location, pay grade, and dependency status. It provides uniformed service members compensation based on housing costs in local civilian housing markets when government quarters are not provided. Learn more about your Basic Allowance for Housing.
Duke Field is near Crestview, Destin, and Fort Walton Beach FL with options to buy or rent. The BAH is close to the cost of living in the area. Some sample Duke Field BAH rates for zip code 32542:
- E-1 with dependents: $2,340
- E-1 without dependents: $2,013
- E-9 with dependents: $2,940
- E-9 without dependents: $2,379
- O-1 with dependents: $2,346
- O-1 without dependents: $2,337
- O-7 with dependents: $3,096
- O-7 without dependents: $2,952
Support for Military and Families
Duke Field falls under the Okaloosa County School District:
Image By Davis Demographics
If you’re looking for a private school education for your children, Private School Review is a great tool to help you find the right fit for you and your family. Families interested in homeschooling should follow the Florida Department of Education homeschool regulations. For any questions or concerns, contact the School Liaison Officer.
Other helpful links:
Things to Do Near Duke Field
As you can imagine, military members and their families in the Duke Field area benefit from what this region offers in terms of things to do. You’ll find local attractions and miles of beaches. Make sure to access on-base amenities like Eglin’s FAMCAMP, Rifle & Pistol Club (on Hurlburt), Sand & Spur Riding Club, Eglin Golf Course, the pool, and marina, plus on-base restaurants like The Breeze.
Image from floridastateparks.org
Some other area favorites to explore:
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Creating a new, authentic way to view and interact with ocean life, this stop is sure to be a repeat on your fun things-to-do list.
- Wild Willy’s Adventure Zone: Imagine a place where you can adventure golf, race go-karts, splash in bumper boats, and navigate a thrill-inducing ropes course. Wild Willy’s is home to all that and more!
- Air Force Armament Museum: This museum is the only one in the world dedicated to preserve and exhibit artifacts and memorabilia from the Air Force Armament.
- The Island Pier: Reaching over 1,200 feet into the Gulf of Mexico, you won’t find a better place to sit back and watch the magnificent sunset.
- Big Kahunas: While the beach is the perfect place to spend a hot summer day, Big Kahuna’s knows how to bring the entertainment. Complete with a lazy river, the Honolulu Half Pipe, Kowabunga Racer, and more, it’s hard to beat a fun-filled day at Big Kahunas.
More Area Info
back to top
3054 Drone Street